Join us on Saturday, October 14, 2023, for the kickoff of our Ranunculus knit-along at the studio from 2-3:30 pm.
It's about time to make one!
Did you know over 20,000 knitters have made a Ranunculus by Midori Hirose? When there are that many finished projects, you know a pattern is fantastic! After talking amongst ourselves at the studio, we realized that none of us had ever made a Ranunculus. So it's about time to make one, and we want you to make one (or a second one), too!
Ranunculus KAL Details
Join us on Saturday, October 14, 2023, for the kickoff of our Ranunculus knit-along at the studio from 2-3:30 pm. It's not a class, but a fun social gathering to start and finish a Ranunculus. We'll be there knitting with you, so don't worry if you need a helping hand. Remember to mark your calendars!
- 10/14 - 2-3:30 pm - getting started information
- 10/21 - 2-3:30 pm - social knit-along
- 10/28 - 2-3:30 pm - social knit-along
- 11/04 - 2-3:30 pm - social knit-along
Ranunculus Yarn Suggestions
One of the fantastic things about the Ranunculus is that you have complete freedom to choose the yarn you like! You can opt for lace, fingering, worsted, mohair, or double up on a few yarns. The options are endless! Using large needles with thinner yarn will give you a light, transparent, and airy look. Using thicker yarn will result in a warm, dense fabric with structure. For this project, yarn choice is flexible, but gauge remains essential.
- Malabrigo Rios - A worsted weight superwash merino wool yarn that is available in hand-dyed tonal and variegated colors.
- Berroco Remix Light - A DK-weight non-wool yarn ideal for those with wool sensitivity. Made from recycled fibers.
- Sandnes Garn Double Sunday - A DK-weight, non-superwash wool yarn that would pair beautifully with a silk mohair blend.
- Manos del Uruguay Milo - A multiseasonal single-ply DK-weight yarn made from a blend of Merino wool and linen.