Join us on Saturday, January 13, 2023, for the kickoff of our Timbo Vest knit-along at the studio from 2-3:30 pm.
New Year, New Knit-Along
Let's celebrate the new year together by knitting a Timbo Vest! We chose this pattern for our knit-along because it's engaging but friendly and perfect to finish and wear in the first months of 2024! The vest is knit top-down in a broken rib stitch, making it easy to customize to your body type.
Timbo Vest KAL Details
Join us on Saturday, January 13, 2024, for the kickoff of our Timbo Vest knit-along at the studio from 2-3:30 pm. It's not a class but a fun social gathering to start and finish a Timbo Vest. We'll be there knitting with you, so don't worry if you need a helping hand. Remember to mark your calendars!
- 01/13 - 2-3:30 pm - getting started information
- 01/20 - 2-3:30 pm - social knit-along
- 01/27 - 2-3:30 pm - social knit-along
Timbo Vest Yarn Suggestions
If you plan to knit the Timbo Vest with us, you will need about 547 - 766 yards of bulky weight yarn, depending on the size you choose to knit. The pattern calls for Manos del Uruguay Cardo, but trust us, any of the below bulky-weight yarns will look amazing as a Timbo Vest, too!
- Manos del Uruguay Cardo - A classic bulky weight yarn with a traditional 4-ply spin. It's smooth, round, and exceptionally warm.
- Berroco Vintage Chunky - A machine-washable bulky-weight yarn available in various colors and provides excellent stitch definition.
- Ístex Álafosslopi - A bulky weight yarn that is the product of Icelandic sheep. This yarn is very warm and light in weight.
- CaMaRose Snefnug -A bulky weight chainette-style yarn that is soft and light as air! Made from baby alpaca and merino wool.