Learn Something New!
We know you have been wanting to learn to knit. We say do it now! There are so many reasons to learn: creativity, relaxation, nostalgia, or you just love to craft. We will get you started with the basics and you can take it to whatever skill level you want to go!
Grab a set of knitting needles and some yarn and our teachers will start you on your knitting journey. In a supportive group environment our teachers will teach you how to cast on, knit, purl and bind off. These skills will be taught over two class sessions.
Class Option A - Project Based - Hat
- Dates: Thursday, October 11 & Thursday, October 18
- Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Materials Needed: Plymouth Encore or Galway, 16" US 8 circular needle, pattern will be provided in class.
- Class Project: This class is project based. Students will focus on learning how to cast-on, knit, purl, and bind-off while also working towards completing their first knit hat.
Class Option C - Project Based - Fingerless Mitts
- Dates: Saturday, October 6 & Saturday, October 13
- Time: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Materials Needed: Malabrigo Rios, straight or circular US 8 needle, pattern will be provided in class.
- Class Project: This class is project based. Students will focus on learning how to cast-on, knit, bind-off and seam while also working towards completing their first pair of fingerless mitts.